I carry out nutritional advice and visits to adults, adolescents and children:
- Assessment of nutritional and energy needs and of nutrition status
- Detection Measurements Antripometriche
- Detection Measurements Plicomentriche
- Food education and Rehabilitation
- Scanner Total body (on request) for the detection of functional alterations and subsequent personalized therapy
In the specific case of children and adolescents, I mainly carry out a path of food education where the participation of the whole family is important in order to find the right balance of food without the stress of the weights or nutritional plans too rigid.
Elaboration of personalized food plans in physiological and pathological conditions.
- Obesity, Overweight and Underweight
- Hypertension and Cardiovascular diseases
- Gastro-Intestinal pathologies
- Allergies or food intolerances (gluten, lactose etc...)
- Autoimmune pathologies
- DCA, eating disorders (anorexia nervosa, Bulimia, uncontrolled feeding syndrome
- Diet for Sportsmen: Endurance sports and BodyBuilding
How does the first visit take place? How long? What to expect?
The first visit consists in an interview aimed at evaluating the lifestyle, the dietary habits customarily adopted by the person concerned, the physiological conditions and possibly the pathological ones, as well as the assessment of the objectives to be achieved and the path to be taken together, with an introduction to food education.
First, there is a need for trust and collaboration: The patient must trust the biologist nutritionist who will follow him in his path; You must cooperate and have patience. It's a 50% job!
The first visit lasts 50-60 minutes and consists of:
- Pathological and Physiological history of the patient (lifestyle, eating habits, perceived ailments, allergies or intolerances and possibly the medications you take) and family history (to understand the susceptibility to certain problems) paying attention to its food history, any changes in weight over time and adherence to particular diets. It is sometimes useful to build a food diary. Finally a medical history is carried out to understand the most appreciated or unwelcome foods (important to understand Coe set the plan).
- Recall 24h, which is a deep survey on food and beverages consumed in the 24 hours prior to the visit
- Evaluation Anthropometric of nutritional status by height, weight, body circumference and mendiante plicometry (Measurement of cutaneous skin)
The food plan is personalized (and is one of the most important aspects of the plans elaborated by a biologist nutritionist) because it takes into account the needs, of the patient's habits and metabolic situations ( menopause, age of development, elderly, possible pathologies, etc. ).
With the exception of particular situations, in most cases the nutritional plan will follow the principles of the Mediterranean diet , the diet par excellence, Patrimonio UNESCO .
Meetings with different frequencies will follow, depending on the case and the objectives set. These meetings serve to:
- Monitor the progress of the patient's nutritional pathway, then monitor weight gains, circumferences, and body composition
- If necessary to make changes to the nutritional plan
- Allow the to establish a relationship of trust and collaboration between biologist nutritionist and patient.
The nutritionist biologist may not administer and prescribe drugs but may recommend the use of supplements (only if strictly necessary)for the first visit it is necessary to bring a copy of the result of the latest blood tests and any diagnosis of the pathologies.
Once the diet is finished?
The maintenance, as a result of the diet, is very important and often underestimated, especially if the food regime is designed to lose weight. That is why, once you reach the weight shape or anyway the weight placed as a goal, it is good to keep the contacts and carry out some maintenance checks that help to avoid resuming old eating habits and with them the weight.
At the end of the food therapy the patient will have learned to eat in a fair and healthy way, will be independent and no longer need the help of a nutritionist. For the future, it will suffice to follow what will have assimilated during the food educational path so as not to make mistakes that in the past have been the basis of the problems that led to the attention of the nutritionist.